All details on INVOC website www.invoc.org.uk
Directions and Parking
COVID-19 Guidance (Updated September 2021)
In terms of the SOA COVID-19 event guidance, the key elements to minimise the risk of transferring the COVID-19 virus are to:
- Ensure that people who are symptomatic, have tested positive with COVID-19 or have been told to self isolate do not attend an orienteering event or activity until they have completed their period of self-isolation.
- Control events by keeping people outdoors and by avoiding circumstances throughout the event or activity where people may gather.
- Keep people 1m or more apart from each other.
- Collect participant contact data to support the Scottish Government’s Test & Protect service if a case is detected after an event or activity.
- Minimise contact between participants and event equipment during the event or activity.
- Disinfect and/or quarantine event equipment before and after use.
There are, therefore, no entries available on the day and start times will be allocated to all competitors.
Competitors are asked to arrive at the event parking at a time before their allocated start time as specified in the final details and to leave the event as soon as they have completed their course and downloaded.
There will be no coaching support at the event. Therefore, competitors are asked to choose a course which matches their fitness and experience. Advice on which event to enter can be found via British Orienteering: https://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/newcomers_guide.
Competitors must maintain and abide by the 1m social distancing rule throughout the event, including at registration and walking to and from the start and finish locations, unless competitors are of the same family/support bubble. The 1m distance rule applies while competing on the course and takes precedence while at a control where other competitors may be present. Competitors are to move away from any control promptly and to maintain at least 1m spacing at download. Competitors should also remain 1m distant from members of the public.
There will be no key drop box, so competitors must make arrangements for the storage of their key whilst they are competing.
Hand sanitiser will be available for use by competitors and volunteers at the registration area. Controls will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before the event and will be placed by an individual wearing disposable gloves and/or with sanitised hands. Competitors are to minimise contact with SI boxes, including Clear, Check and SI AIR test boxes, and the download equipment.