MEMBERSHIP OPEN FOR 2023
If you are already a club member, you will be invited to renew your membership for 2023 later in the autumn. Our membership runs on an annual basis January through to December. Your membership will be valid immediately and will carry through until the end of the year. If you are a new member you can join now (from Sept 2022) and your membership will run until December 2023. There are lots of benefits to being a member, the most obvious one is that it's cheaper to take part in events!
Like in 2022, there are two membership options available for 2023. Membership through British Orienteering and membership through the Scottish Orienteering Association. Membership through British Orienteering includes automatic membership of Scottish Orienteering, so members get the benefits of both. Membership through Scottish Orienteering is aimed at orienteers who only want to participate in local events. Members at this level will not be included in national rankings or participate in the Incentive Scheme (a reward scheme for beginners as you progress through the various technical difficulty levels). We encourage members to renew or join via British Orienteering as this also supports the wider development of orienteering across the UK.
Want to renew our recommended way via British Orienteering? If you are already a member of British Orienteering, please login to the British Orienteering website here and renew your membership via the ‘My Account’ page. This will ensure that you keep your current membership number and will avoid you having to re-enter all of your membership and contact details again. If you have forgotten your login details, please use the forgotten login button on the homepage or contact the National Office. Lapsed members from previous years can also renew their membership this way. To join British Orienteering new, please click here to go through the joining process. Please select ‘MOR’ as your club and ‘SOA’ as your association when you're taken to the British Orienteering page. If you are interested in the Scottish Orienteering only scheme, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact the club membership secretary Rob Parkinson.
Membership through British Orienteering for 2023 costs £25 for adults and £7 for juniors (under 21). This automatically gives you membership of Scottish Orienteering. Membership through Scottish Orienteering alone for 2023 costs £10 for adults and £2 for juniors (under 21). The sport of orienteering heavily subsidises junior membership because we know how important it is to have young people in our sport. If your son or daughter is joining, we'd encourage an adult family member to join too in order to help the sport grow in the UK.
Where to start!
- Access to a brilliant sport with opportunities to compete at exciting national competitions. British Orienteering members will attract lower entry fees for national events.
- Discounted entry fees at local orienteering events (currently £1 off for Saturday Series events and £2 adult/£1 junior off our bigger local events).
- Automatic inclusion in our club leagues.
- Access to technical coaching and training days, and access to our ‘members only’ section on the Moravian website to download training maps.
- Opportunities to be part of a club team in events and relay races, and to help plan courses at events.
- Opportunities to help at club events, make new friends and get to know new people, including invites to club social events
- Access to the club maps and equipment (if you'd like to put on an activity at school or at home)
- Membership of the British Orienteering incentive and ranking schemes (not applicable for Scottish Orienteering members).
- Inclusion in Scottish Orienteering's Participation Badge Scheme for junior members.
- Regular British Orienteering and Scottish Orienteering newsletters, depending on your membership.
- Weekly e-bulletins with club news and forthcoming events/activities.
- 10% discount at Run4It running shop in Inverness.
- A vast range of other money discounts and offers (see British Orienteering Discounts) from many national and local companies through the British Orienteering member discounts scheme (not applicable for Scottish Orienteering members). Save money by joining and re-coup your membership fees!