Rescheduled Second event of the 2021 Northern Night Cup. Note start times have been adjusted to provide one minute per runner as the courses are the same, with a cut off for the short.
Initially entries were set up for Long/Medium, however NNC decided on Long/Short designations, we have adopted these so if you entered medium it is now called "short". The courses themselves have not changed. Also because of the use of a cut off you can decide on the night which course you complete either will be competitive no matter which you entered.
If the new date is not possible to attend please contact the entries secretary for a refund - take out brackets paul(@)mor.scot
Entries are currently CLOSED - if there are many cancellations then we may re open them as maps have already been printed.
Directions and Parking
Assembly will be in Wellhill Car Park, Kintessack, Culbin IV36 2TG. It is an outdoor assembly so remember to bring your warm clothes for after you have run.
What3words (zoom out after you click on link):
There is plenty of parking in the Wellhill Car park but please remember to pay the car park charge despite it being dark. <
Start and Finish
Located on edge of Wellhill Car Park. Follow signs on the night.
Culbin is a Highly complex area and the courses are only suitable for those experienced in night orienteering.
Long 4.5km TD5
Short 3.5 TD5
There is only one map, so if you are taking a long time/get tired/bored you can cut off after control 12 and complete the Short course competitively.
- All Competitors take part at their own risk and a choose a course that matches their experience and fitness (under 14s must run with an adult unless they have proven competence at night orienteering - parents please discuss with us at registration if in doubt).
- All competitors must register before running to collect your map.
- You MUST report to Download by Course Closing Time
- Make sure your head torch is fully charged. We recommend carrying an emergency spare!
- All competitors must wear warm clothing and /or waterproof clothing as appropriate.
- Competitors are advised to notify the organiser of any relevant medical conditions and should complete any details on SI entries.
- Take care crossing any road.
Shadowing Rules. Note that anyone under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied on the course by an adult unless the parent/guardian can convince the organizer of the young orienteer's proven competence at night orienteering.
NB - PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON THE TIME WHILE OUT ON YOUR COURSE. Failure to return by the 8pm cutoff causes safety problems and inconvenience. We appreciate that this sometimes occurs accidentally but please plan accordingly.
COVID-19 Guidance (Updated May 2022)
The SOA has issued the following updated COVID-19 event guidance with effect from March 2022 for Clubs to follow.
All competitors must not attend an orienteering event if they have symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 (even if they have received two doses of the vaccine and a booster) until they have completed their period of self-isolation.
Entry on the day (EOD) at events and activities is permitted but clubs should encourage physical distancing around registration or results displays even when outdoors.
Clubs are to avoid close packed (less than 1m separation) groups of people even when outdoors. Such close packing has been known to occur around both registration and results displays – it can also occur with helpers at registration and download.
- Indoor public spaces may be used for events and activities, but current face covering regulations must be followed and behaviours such as improved ventilation, provision of hand sanitiser, adapting layouts to encourage social distancing and encouraging the use of face masks to reduce spread should be adopted.
As a result, Moravian will continue to make hand sanitiser available for use by competitors and volunteers at the registration and download areas.
Competitors are asked not to form close (less than 1m separation) groups at events (be it outdoor or indoor), particularly around registration and download, and are encouraged to minimise contact with SI boxes, including Clear, Check and SI AIR test boxes, and the download equipment.
Where indoor/enclosed spaces are used which have restricted air circulation, Moravian will adapt layouts to maintain at least 1m segregation and encourage competitors to wear a mask.